Thursday, January 6, 2005

Speechless! ???

Dis Wascally Wabbit is speechless: words fail
Do I look at the year 2004 in review?
Or the year comin up now in plain view?
Now, I'm really in a stew!

So many things still tug at my heart
My mom's passing, still, a very big part.

The challange of "The College Kitchen":
Just kept me itching and itching-
To get out of dat ole stewpot, "The Kitchen"

When we moved here, it was to be a time to rest:
But really only became another huge test!
I only became more and more stressed.
I had thought I would be able to easily just "fit in",
But instead of feeling like I fit in:
It seemed more, "I had a few bolts missin"
With each new meal to prepare:
Panic would soon set in, And I'd long to get out of dat ole kitchen.

The school year was rode out-
I made it to the end, and wanted to shout it out!
The question now was:
To stay out of that kitchen? or find me another spot?
Ed was quite content to continue his job:
Wascally Wabbit would search far and abroad.

Wal-Mart, appeared, a "gift", from God up above.
I peeked into Wal-Mart. I gave them my name and number
Hopeing they might give me a job for the summer.

Dis wascally Wabbit was now comin home smiling
Saying what a "good" day she had.
What a difference! It made her glad.
She felt like she belonged,
Something she had been longing to feel, for so long.

In the Jewelry dept. many "carrots" I did see
Big ones, small ones, qualities of many different degrees.
Another challange to emerge!
Two departments, all for me!

Cosmetics was my main goal!
At least at the beginning, I was told
But as time wore on, Two departments was my game.
Never knew just where I should stay,
As the C S M's would continue to page all day.

Would the associate in Jewelry please return to Jewelry?
Of course, Cosmetics was now where I stood:
Helping "my" customers was my job, as I had understood.
Off on a dash I would fly back to the Carrots,
Only to hear, "Would the associate in Cosmetics return to Cosmetics?

I returned to Cosmetics, in response to their "plea"
And as I started to speak, a page came across for none other than, "Me"
Does this sound to you pretty "hairey"?
Well to me it was down right scarey!

On my neck, all the keys did hang.
Two departments being "my game"
Many showcases, with "Carrots" galore
Just for me to watch out for!
Colognes also, wanting to be bought,
And at this time of year, my how customers fought!

As I stood with my customer,
All I could do was grin,
And say, "Sorry", I will be back right soon, again.
Never knew just where I was!
About the time I got where I needed to go to:
A page would come across and away again, I flew!

Now, don't you fret and don't you worry-
This Wascally Wabbit is "no longer" in a scurry!
Taking my time to smile and be polite
Regardless of hearing about that upcoming flight.

(end of part 1)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Wascal...you've got me on the edge of my seat in suspense here! Where's part 2?

Mister Ed T said...

Jeannie, as all hunters know, patience is a virtue!

Anonymous said...

But...a virtuous woman is hard to find!