Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Cosmetics Game

Stepping Down or Stepping Up??
I really deserve a Stanley Cup
For Staying in a department
Where I felt I could never keep up.

Cosmetics has been my department from the start
And Dis Wascally Wabbit has played a BIG part!

Twas a challange that faced me each day at dawn
No one else was around who I could count on.

The first five weeks of my new job I did work,
Making sure that none of my duties I would shirk.
A green horn I was at the Managers game.
I found out much later, my life would sure change!

Up at the crack of dawn, and out the door,
The birds weren't even awake,
Of that I was sure.

Once I hit the Wal-mart store
My day spun by!
The hours in my day, how they did race by.

Already in the Christmas Season,
Skids of Stock were everywhere the eye could see,
All to be put out by none other than "Me".
Adrenalin flowed, day after day
Legs ran, brain got tired, nerves got frayed,
Until I questioned my wanting to stay

Brain kept going back to the beginning
When I was coming home so glad I had a good day.
Somehow the balance has become alittle "swayed"!
Shifting day by day, as tiredness more and more set in.
The Battle of the brain knows there's no way to win.

A part of my brain can't imagine giving into defeat
The other part of my brain can't imagine carrying on,
Day after Day
My nerves becoming more and more frayed.

Too many "new challanges" were mine all at once.
Manageing a department for a green horn like me,
The "end" of these challanges now being a reality.
Am amazed at not loseing my sanity!!

As of 6 Weeks ago, I had my little talk,
the Manager and myself.
I said I needed to "step down" off that big high shelf!
Glad to continue till a replacement could be found.
Not totally aware the amount of time I would count down.

So many positives and negatives!!
Stress level lowered dramatically.
Regaining my "smile".
Feeling now able to go the extra mile.
Hard work still my game,
Not much has yet been changed.

Changing Cosmetics Walls, SkinCare Walls,
Twenty four mods in all.
Old product Returns
New product To bring in!
Labels to be made,
Every little lipstick with it's own U.P.C
So much work for Rose, Michelle, and Me!

Labeling now being my "game"
Next big stop, "Inventory"!
A whole room, all for us
Many labels on each big and little box.

Have I "really stepped down"?
No one really knows for sure
The badge I was handed, I continue to wear.

Each new day brings the question to mind.
Will this be the day? A new Manager they will find?
I continue to work till my replacement gets here.
Holding on, hopeing to find,
One day to have that much needed peace of mind.

God Is Still In Control,
Of that one thing I know,
Each new day is a walk of faith.
Each new test being the way we grow.

The road ahead is yet unknown.
But in the end HIS Will, He'll show!

2 comments:

SUZIE Q said...

cute mom, love you, just tell this baby to hurry up so you have an excuse to get out of there for awhile.

Eagle-eye Di said...

You did a great job with writing your poem about your situation at work.I love you and am happy to see you have your smile back.