Monday, July 23, 2007

Mr. and Mrs. Mike Banton
It was only one year ago on July 1st that we were all together in Penticton. There for a very special occasion. Brian and Suzanne were united in marriage. Deb and Mike were there for them. Deb being Suzanne's Maid of Honor. Suzanne and Deb have been best friends, more like sisters for quite awhile now. This year it was Deb and Mike's turn. They chose the very same time of year. This time Suzanne and Brian were both involved in Deb and Mike's Wedding. Suzanne being one of the 5 bridesmaids, and Brian singing at the Wedding, as well as being in charge of the music at the Dance Reception, after the meal.

It was a beautiful wedding from start to finish. Each of the bridemaid's and groomsmen couple's looking awsome as they walked down the aisle. Each looking so proud and head's held high as they walked. Deb's father walked his daughter down the aisle, then proceeded to step in front, and marry his daughter off. This wedding started off with Mike's tears. It took me back to last summer when Brian stood there and cryed, and couldn't get ahold of them for awhile. There were alot of tears, just watching Brian and Suzanne. This was Mike's turn. It took , what seemed a long while, for him to get ahold of them before thing's could begin.

Deb's Father shed some tears as he talked to with Mike and Deb, and everyone sitting there in the congregation. It was a very emotional talk, and very appropriate. It was different then you would hear at a first wedding, as you see, this was the second time he had given his own daughter away. It is a very emotional thing for a pastor dad to walk his little girl down the aisle, and then step in front and marry her off to that special man that God has placed in her life. To give his blessing on their lives together, and pray for God's best. And then years later, turn around and give her away again, and pray for God's blessing in their lives. Suzanne's grandfather walked her down the aisle to Brian's side. That was so extra special to see. And I know how proud he was to do it.

In both Suzanne's and Deb's lives, God has brought a special man into their lives for the second time. We are very thankful for Brian and Mike as they have entered into these girls lives and given them their hearts. My heart is very full still of so many emotions. I remember the first time, crying and asking Ed, "how can we just "give" our little girl away?? How do you do that?? In my dad's case, he gave away his own daughter, and granddaughter.
I wish I could remember all the names of Mike's brothers, cousins. I can't, but I remember one I nicknamed Tiny. He is the big guy on the left. His last name was actually, "Small". I believe Suzanne is dancing in the middle with Steve. This was the bridesmaids and groomsmen's dance. Brian was in charge of the music, so he was kept pretty busy with the music, but alittle later on, he got onto the dance floor with Suzanne. I love watching the two of them dance together. They just twirl around, and look like they are so light on their feet.
Even the kids got into the music. That is always so much fun to watch. A few times, I even spotted Thomas out there briefly. And this Grama and baby Roger got out on the dance floor. Roger didn't sleep much thru the evening. So him and Grama got lots of time to dance. Of course when he got home and fed, he woofed up his cookies. Grama will take the blame. Too much dancing. Grama loves to dance. Grampa is even pulling Grama out on the floor now. Grampa and Grama aren't good at it, but it's fun to try anyway.


Does this bring back any memories?? Same time last summer, but in Penticton?? It was a very special ocassion. Brian and Suzanne are united in marriage. They become Mr. and Mrs. Brian Dumont! So Awsome!! We are very thankful for Brian and Mikayla. Celebrating their 1st year of marriage, the day after they helped get Mike and Deb married off. Two very awsome couples. So many changes this last year! A brand new baby boy, Roger Edward Dumont.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear about Mike and Deb's wedding, and so glad you could be there to enjoy it all! What a great way to reminisce Suzanne and Brian's wedding (and family gathering) a year ago! Such happy memories!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Oh how I remember our special time in Penticton with everyone.Its wonderful to see Deb and Mike are having there special time in their own special wedding time.I could not believe my eyes when I first read your post.I waited to comment until I talked to you because I did not believe that was Deb.Wow what a change Deb has made with herself.Congratulations Deb and Mike.Happy Anniversary Suzzane and Brian.We love you.