Monday, October 16, 2006

Fun With Mini Roses


Snow has entered the scene. And with it comes the end of my first Mini Roses. This summer I went out and bought 14 cute little plants, and planted them in front of my house. I went out there every day and watered them, very faithfully. Ever since I first saw Dianne have large beautiful Rose bushes around her home in Michigan, I have wanted Roses. Of course living in the North, where the weather is not so adaptable for the Roses helped my decision to not plant them. But this summer I couldn't resist. I put them in my garden, and then got out my camera and had fun with them.

The snow has now come and ended the life of my Mini Roses for the winter. They are a perrenial, but no one I talk to, has much hope of them coming to life again, even with the amount of tender loving care I might be able to give them. So I will wait for the warm weather to once again come, and warm up my garden soil, and see what emerges.

Ever since I have planted them tho, a song swims around in my head. A very beautiful song that became one of my favorite accompiament songs, called , "Roses Will Bloom Again". I sang it at Easter time within my church, then at other large ladies meetings. I didn't realise that it would be very hard to sing in a few years to come. With the passing of mom, I have basically left it on the shelf. I can't sing it yet, it brings tears to the eyes. When I look at my Roses, I think of Mom and Dad.

Only God know whether my Roses will bloom again, and if they don't, then I will plant new and beautiful ones. God's word tells us that when we get to Heaven, we will have a new body, one that won't die, decay. It will remain beautiful and new. But to get that new body we must all "die", these bodies of ours.

Wow!! Mom has a brand new beautiful body, no more tears, suffering. What a day that will be!!

Roses will definately bloom in my garden this next warm season. But most likely a brand new garden of them.
I am looking forward to it.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

SUZIE Q said...

Mom, I think you need a night out on the town! beautiful picture

Eagle-eye Di said...

Your mini rose is beautiful.Its disappointing that our flowers are at the end of their blooming and giving us color.We have had the earliest snow storm of the season.It has gone down in the books for the earliest we have had a snow storm.I still had tomatoes on my tomato plants that ended up freezing before they could turn from green to orange.Love you Colleen.Yep I really love my peace rose in the front of the house.This coming season I would like to get a few more rose bushes.I did buy one more hybiscus bush and planted in the front corner by my deck.The other day Chuck went out and took his new gas trimmer around to trim up and ended up whacking my hybiscus.You can trim them down close to the ground so I think it will come back up in the next season.Mom loved her roses,they were beautiful.That song Roses will bloom again is one of my favorite songs also.

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Dianne, you had the most beautiful rose bushes at your home. I will never forget them. That was at your first place when I saw them. Your home, that was just down from your friends swimming pool.